When going through a divorce some people often feel overwhelmed with all the expenses related to the divorce, not to mention the feeling of uncertainty as all of the assets are being divided. The thought of adding another professional to the team may seem counterintuitive and somewhat extravagant.
There are many benefits to hiring a Divorce Coach that will actually help reduce overall costs associated with the divorce, in addition to making the process smoother. Here are a few to consider:
- A Divorce Coach helps you deal with the emotional issues and confusion that arises so that you are not relying on your attorney or mediator to help you work through these issues (which slows down the process) at a much higher hourly rate.
- A Divorce Coach helps you prioritize what is important to you today, tomorrow and 10 years from now so that you are not making emotional decisions that you may regret later.
- A Divorce Coach helps you break down tasks into manageable pieces so that you are not overwhelmed with the process.
- A Divorce Coach helps you let go of old habits and take steps towards creating a new life.
Divorce creates a wellspring of emotions that can make it very difficult to think clearly when having to make life-changing decisions. Here are a few ways we can help you during this highly charged time.
- Work with you in developing a plan to break the news to your children, family, and friends.
- Assisting in helping you determine what is important to include in your parenting plan.
- Help you manage your communications with your ex in order to not incite negative emotion and preserve your integrity and dignity.
- Assist with finding solutions to minimize the impact of the divorce on your children.
- Work with you to eliminate unnecessary stress and chaos that adds to the feeling of being overwhelmed.
FINDING FINANCIAL CLARITY
Divorce can be very expensive and may change the financial quality of your life which creates additional upheaval in your already stressful life. Although we do not give financial advice, we can help to bring clarity to your financial picture by helping with the following:
- Assisting you in assessing financial information to gather prior to filing for divorce.
- Helping you manage the gathering of all necessary financial information requested during the divorce process.
- Help you prioritize your questions and streamline your communications with your attorney so that time spent is most productive and you are not wasting money on needless billable hours.
- Work with you to determine the settlement issues that are most important to you and will support your short and long-term goals.
TAKING CARE OF YOU
The extreme stress that divorce puts on an individual can have a great impact on your mental and physical health. We believe that taking care of yourself mentally AND physically is important to your overall well-being. Here are some ways we help you in this area:
- We work together to find ways to manage the physical manifestations of stress in ways that are meaningful to you.
- Work with you to avoid leaning on unhealthy “crutches” to get you through the challenging times.
- Assist you in creating boundaries when dealing with your ex-spouse.
- Work with you to create effective planning tools to deal with issues related to: having to go back to work, increasing your workload, managing more or less free time, etc.